Yes, FINALLY we are starting a new year and opening a new chapter for new adventures. Welcome to 2018!
Wait, but before I finally say goodbye to 2017, I would like to reminisce the many joys and blessings the Year of the Rooster – 2017 (my year) had allowed me to experience. I wouldn’t say it was perfect. I had my share of bad days and tough times (the coming of Hurricane Irma included), but overall, it was indeed a wonderful year. So, here’s a recap of some of my accomplisments in 2017:
- January – April: Besides working my regular teaching job at SSC, I worked for the UCF Global as a Writing Tutor.
- April – A snippet of my American Dream story was featured in our college’s Department newsletter.
- June, October, and November – I checked off 3 of my career goals on my bucket list. a) To attend a TESOL Conference outside the US; b) To be published; and, c) To present in a TESOL conference. √√√
- July – I received a (surprise) response letter from my favorite President, Barack Obama.
- June and August – My husband and I checked off 2 of the places on our bucket list that we both wanted to visit: a) Niagara Falls in Canada and b) Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. √√
- August – December – I was assigned to teach ELI courses at SSC, including an elective course which I designed and created myself. √√
To my loving husband, family in the Philippines, friends (my UCF Homies, my Glam Challenge sister, my Christmas Challenge bestie), and everyone who has been a part of my 2017, THANK YOU!
Special Credit to Lit. Bella Ditta E. Isabella & Figlio. Milano
Now we are ready for a toast. To the DREAMERS, happy New Year!!!
“Come gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.“ –William Shakespeare